This White Chocolate Raspberry Vanilla Cake is the perfect way to satisfy all of your guests. It’s gluten free and so incredibly delicious no one will ever know!
When I first got married I really had no idea how to cook. At least not well. Which was a real shame considering I come from a long line of really great cooks. I guess I just had no interest in learning early on. Until I did…
I’ll never forget my first Martha Stewart cookbook. It was like reading a foreign language. What is all this stuff she speaks of where do I find it?? Since I live in a small town a lot of the fancier things are hard to find. That’s why I’ll also never forget discovering Big Lots.
Many of the things I couldn’t find anywhere else I could find here. Or, many of the things I couldn’t afford anywhere else I could afford here. And that’s how I learned to cook…by slowly picking my way through all of those upscale ingredients found in my first Martha Stewart cookbook. And by finding things I couldn’t find anywhere else at Big Lot’s.
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 – Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix
- 6 large eggs, at room temp
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water, at room temp
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry jam, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 lbs Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz white chocolate chips, I used Nestle
- 1 TBS Vegetable oil or shortening (I used Coconut Oil), for melting
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Bake cake according to package directions, allow to cool.
- Cream softened butter until nice and fluffy. Slowly add in all of powdered sugar. Mixture will be crumbly. Microwave to melt chips per package directions (Directions call for mixing with vegetable oil to melt. I chose to use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil here). Pour melted chips into butter/sugar mixture and beat on medium until well incorporated. Slowly add in up to 1/4 heavy cream until desired consistency is reached. Use more only if needed.
You can find complete recipes of this White Chocolate Raspberry Vanilla Cake in southernrevivals.com