Happy Monday everyone! Eh, isn’t that a huge oxymoron? Lol, well today is a happy day for me because it’s my Mom’s birthday 🙂 Happy Birthday Mom! 😀
I’m posting this recipe today because white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are my Mom’s favorite kind of cookie!
These cookies are easy to make and they taste like they came from a bakery!!
When it comes to cookies, what is your preference… thin and crispy or thick and chewy? For me, it’s definitely thick and chewy…. like practically dough. Not much makes me happier than a freshly baked, warm from the oven cookie that is so soft, thick and chewy that it practically melts in your mouth!! If you like those kind of cookies, then these are the ones for you 🙂
The dough for these cookies comes together really quickly, then you just let the dough rest and chill for about an hour. You can chill for less time, and probably not at all… but chilling the dough will give you a thicker cookie 🙂
You can use any white chocolate that you’d like for this recipe, chunks, chips, etc…
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt (I use a whisk), and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together with a mixer (stand or hand-held). Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well until just combined.
- Add the flour mixture in batches, mixing to combine in between each batch, until all the flour is incorporated.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill dough for about an hour.
You can find complete recipes of this WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES in thechunkychef.com