These Vegan Chili Pineapple Sweet Potato Burgers are FULL of flavor! sweet pineapple and spicy chili make an amazing combo. A chili flavored spread pairs perfectly with these burgers! Vegan and Gluten Free Option.
I love sweet potatoes rice burgers! Don’t you?!
This. Is. My. Favorite. Burger. Yet. 😉
You may have already seen my Healthy Black Bean Sweet Potato Burger and my Vegan Curry Burger and those are both out of this world flavorful and delicious but it’s getting warm out and pineapple in my burger is TOTALLY necessary!
obviously I have been on a pineapple kick lately! I mean… Chili Pineapple Mango Salsa and Vegan Caribbean Quinoa Taco’s over the last couple weeks! 😉 I might have most of my pineapple obsession out of me now… maybeee HA!
Anyways, I really think you are going to love it because the sweet pineapple goes perfect with a dash of chili and sweet potatoes and rice in this Vegan Chili Pineapple Sweet Potato Burger!
This burger also kind of makes me feel like I should be sitting on a beach in Hawaii enjoying it… don’t you agree? Pineapple in the burger just says beach, at least in my mind it does. 😉
Moving on, the base is sweet potato and rice just like the other two burgers, I mean it’s crazy how much you can change the flavor of a burger by what you add to a base! They all three taste SO different, it just goes to show ya’ some base recipes you just don’t mess with…yet! 😉 (the food making wheels in my mind never stop turning!)
I added onion, chili and pineapple to this burger and the sweet and slight bit of spice is a wonderful combination my friends… a wonderful one!
- 10 oz. bag of frozen cubed sweet potatoes (about 1⅓ cups mashed) * see notes
- ¾ cups dry rice cooked (about 2 cups after cooked, I used basmati rice)
- ⅔ cup chopped and squeezed pineapple* (see notes*)
- ¼ of a small purple onion chopped tiny
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ TBSP olive oil (optional see notes)
- FLAX egg optional see notes! (1 tbsp flax seeds ground up which will make 1½ tbsp plus 3 TBSP water)
- 1 ½ TBSP vegan mayo
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ of a small lemon squeezed (make sure no seeds fall in)
(double this recipe if you like a lot of dressing on your burger)
- burger buns (I used sprouted grain ones from Food For Life brand)
- sliced thick tomato
- shredded lettuce
- Start by cooking the rice and steaming the sweet potatoes. Cook rice according to directions on your package.
- For the sweet potatoes place them in a pot with about 2 oz. of water and a lid, let steam on low-medium heat for about 15-30 minutes depending on heat level and if you use fresh or frozen, once they are mash able with a spoon they are done!
- Next while those are cooking, chop the onion and pineapple and place in a large mixing bowl so it is ready!
- Once rice and potatoes are done, add the rice to the big bowl with the pineapple and onion and let the rice cool until you are able to touch it without getting burned (about 10 minutes) , then mash the sweet potatoes in the pot before adding to the rice mixture, then add the sweet potatoes and mix everything really well!
You can find complete recipes of this VEGAN CHILI PINEAPPLE SWEET POTATO BURGERS in tworaspberries.com