One of the first things that I think of when it comes to summer cooking is my favorite TOMATO!
I think I’ve said this before, but I LOVE tomatoes!
A few weeks ago, I shared a lovely Tomato Jam recipe that is perfect for those BLT’s, burgers, wraps… Pretty much anything that you want to add a little kick of tomato to.
The key is getting really good tomatoes!
Because of that, I was thrilled to find out about Bushel Boy Tomatoes™ grown right here in the USA, in Minnesota to be exact.
The crew at Bushel Boy has developed a fabulous greenhouse system that helps them grow tomatoes year-round. Yep, even in January they have beautiful red, vine ripened tomatoes ready for us to add to our salads and sandwiches. I don’t know about you, but a nice good tomato in January is pretty awesome!
The Bushel Boy Tomatoes are pollinated with bees… the natural way. They also limit the amount of pesticides used and have eliminated herbicides all together. You can find all kinds of tasty ideas at the Bushel Boy Facebook.
Today, I’m sharing a fantastic Tomato Tart that is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. Paired with a nice garden salad, it’s the perfect summer meal!
- 2-3 Bushel Boy Tomatoes
- 1 store bought pie crust
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chive cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450˚
- Line your tart pan or baking pan with the pie crust, gently press down on the top of the pan to remove excess dough.
- Pierce the the dough with a fork and place in a 450˚ oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove tart shell from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg then combine the ricotta cheese, chive cream cheese, ½ of the parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
You can find complete recipes of this Tomato Tart Recipe in whipperberry.com