Yesterday was my darling friend Mary’s birthday. Mary is a lovely southern girl and strawberry cake is her favorite. So, can you guess what I made for her birthday? Of Course! My favorite, go to, crazy delicious, Triple Decker Strawberry Layer Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting! Duh!!!
I LOVE this cake. The recipe starts with a cake mix and adds strawberry gelatin. This is like the strawberry cake I grew up on only even better. The one we always had every summer. The one that was so very strawberry! This has become my favorite recipe for “That” cake! It’s wonderfully moist, very rich, and beautifully pink. It’s easy to put together since it starts with a mix and the three layers makes it a show stopper.
- 1 Box (18.25 Ounces) White Cake Mix
- 1- 3 Ounce Box Strawberry Jello
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Strawberries, Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Milk
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 2 (16 Ounce) Packages Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries, Finely Chopped
- Make the Cake: Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3- 9 inch cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all cake ingredients with an electric mixer on low until just combined. Scrape the side of the bowl, and increase mixer to medium and beat for 3 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans and bake until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 23 minutes.
- Cool cake in pans on rack for about 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely. If using the following recipe for Strawberry Buttercream refrigerate cakes until completely chilled.
You can find complete recipes of this STRAWBERRY TRIPLE LAYER CAKE in gonnawantseconds.com