Simple and delicious salad that has a perfect combination of savory and sweet: strawberry spinach salad with bacon, feta cheese, and toasted almonds in a simple homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
Spinach and strawberries pair perfectly with a sweet balsamic vinegar dressing, made with only 3 ingredients: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar.
I like to add feta cheese and toasted sliced almonds AFTER the dressing is mixed in because it helps keep the feta cheese white in color and prevents toasted almonds from getting soggy.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt, to taste (optional)
- one package (10 oz) fresh spinach (about 10 cups of torn leaves)
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries (cleaned and hulled)
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, and whisk together well. Add salt to taste, if desired. You can serve the dressing immediately or you can cover it and chill for an hour.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, except the feta cheese and almonds. Add the dressing to the salad and toss. Sprinkle feta cheese and toasted sliced almonds on top of the salad or on top of each serving. NOTE: I like to add feta cheese and toasted sliced almonds AFTER the dressing is mixed in because it helps keep the feta cheese white in color and prevents toasted almonds from getting soggy.
You can find complete recipes of this Strawberry Spinach Salad With Bacon in juliasalbum.com