Strawberry, quinoa, spinach and cashew salad with a homemade honey-mustard balsamic vinegar dressing. It’s a delicious Summer salad, made with healthy, clean, whole food ingredients!
This salad is vegetarian, gluten free, grain free, and dairy free! If you remove quinoa, it becomes paleo-friendly, too – a perfect lunch, dinner or snack for devoted cross-fitters. 🙂
The dressing is homemade, very basic and so delicious! Feel free to add more honey if you like your salad dressing on the sweeter side!
Add the dressing to the salad only when you’re ready to serve it, otherwise the salad will wilt really fast. Enjoy this lovely salad!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- one package (10 oz) fresh spinach, chopped (about 10 cups of torn leaves)
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries (cleaned and hulled)
- 1 and 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup peaches, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, and whisk together well. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can serve the dressing immediately or you can cover it and chill for an hour.
You can find complete recipes of this Strawberry, quinoa, spinach & cashew salad in juliasalbum.com