This year for Thanksgiving we were planning on having both my family and my husband’s family here at our house. But the day before my in-laws had to cancel due to the horrible weather. So I was talking with my husband about what he wanted me to make, you know those special things that you always had at Thanksgiving growing up. That your mom makes every year. I realized that we didn’t really have a traditional dish for our “new” family. This Strawberry Pretzel Salad, was the first thing that came to mind. This recipes was given to me by a college roommate, I don’t make it often, but I absolutely love it. It really probably shouldn’t be called a salad since it is not that healthy, more of a dessert really.
- 2 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 12-ounce Cool Whip
- 1 6-ounce package Strawberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 -10 ounce bag frozen sliced strawberries
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip for garnishing
- Topping: Add 2 cups boiling water to Jello; mix well. Add strawberries to jello. Cool Jello mixture in fridge until thick.
- Crust: Melt butter; add sugar. Crush pretzels with rolling pin and add to butter mixture. Press into bottom of greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees; cool well.
You can find complete recipes of this Strawberry Pretzel Salad in stuff-by-ash.blogspot.co.id