These easy Strawberry Crumb Bars, with a buttery crust, sweet fresh strawberry filling, and crunchy butter crumb topping make wonderful dessert bars for an afternoon snack, or to take to a summer party, picnic, or potluck.
It is Saturday, the day of my friend’s party, and she tells me to bring a dessert to the party. no worries! There are a number of delicious quick and easy desserts for me to choose from.
If you have followed my blog, you will notice that my desserts are usually simple. Often magic bars, fruit bars, or brownies. Nothing complicated. I saw no reason to change that trend. After all, my blog is all about fast, easy, and flavorful recipes.
Yet I love desserts that taste fabulous but are really very simple to make.
These Strawberry Crumb Bars are one of those desserts. Lots of flavor from sweet fresh strawberries and a buttery crumb crust and topping.
I adapted these Strawberry Crumb Bars from my Blueberry Crumb Bars recipe by using fresh strawberries instead of blueberries. Both taste amazing.
I also used only white sugar for these Strawberry Crumb Bars instead of using a combination of white and brown sugar.
The Strawberry Crumb Bars take a little longer than the Blueberry Crumb Bars because you have to chop the fresh strawberries. However, the end result is totally worth the effort.
For which occasion will you be making these awesome Strawberry Crumb Bars?
Before you make this recipe, be sure to check out our other similar recipes, and continue scrolling down for the Strawberry Crumb Bars printable recipe.
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (8 Tablespoons) very cold butter (1 stick butter)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Either grease with butter and flour, or spray with baking spray, an 8×8 inch pan, or place parchment paper on the bottom of the pan.
- Chop the strawberries and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ½ cup white sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, beat an egg with a fork. Add the egg and vanilla to the flour mixture. Using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture. (Make sure the butter is very cold.) Work with the dough until the pieces are very small. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
You can find complete recipes of this Strawberry Crumb Bars in flavormosaic.com