This Strawberry Brownie Cheesecake is such a wonderful combination of flavors. A chewy brownie topped with vanilla no bake cheesecake, fresh whipped cream and fresh strawberries! So simple, yet classic and delicious!
So I mentioned last week that the hubs was getting his wisdom teeth out last week. The one thing I was hoping for was something funny to come out of him while he was all drugged up. I remember when I had mine removed back in high school and my mom was driving me home I was saying all kinds of random and funny stuff. And I could barely keep me head up.
Sadly the hubs was actually quite together. He kept trying to talk to me but wasn’t saying anything fun. He probably would’ve made sense if I could have completely understood what he was saying through the gauze. I thought I’d have a good story for you, but he failed us. 😉
Also unlike me, when he’s not feeling well he’d just rather not eat. I mean I never have that problem. I wish. Getting him to eat the last few days has been a challenge. There are very few things that could keep me from not eating. I got some freeze dried apples from Trader Joe’s a couple weeks ago and ate so many of them at once I got a stomach ache. Had there been any left, I’d probably have kept eating them. I’m so quitter.
My love for food probably is why this whole dessert blog thing works so well for me. 🙂 And it’s why you should believe me when I say you are going to want to make this cheesecake. It’s so good you’d even want to eat it after having your wisdom teeth pulled.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup + 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa (I used Hershey’s Dark Cocoa)
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 lb strawberries, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch baking pan, or line it with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
3. Add eggs and mix until well combined.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to the egg mixture until well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. Remove brownie from oven and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
8. Once the brownie is cool, make the cheesecake. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
9. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
10. In a separate bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
11. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
You can find complete recipes of this STRAWBERRY BROWNIE CHEESECAKE in lifeloveandsugar.com