In search of a super filling, healthy, quick and easy to prepare dish perfect for any time of the year? How about Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Shells! A pasta recipe to print and save forever!
This is an absolutely delicious vegetarian pasta dish! The stuffing is prepared as fast as it takes to preheat the oven and bring water to the boil to cook the pasta shells. It’s a quick weekday dinner. Yesss! I know you are all about the super quick and easy recipes after a hard day at work. So many people have asked me to create a category for quick and easy recipes on the blog. I really, really have to do this soon. That way it’ll be easier to identify the recipes that are perfect for busy weekday evenings. I promise I will do this … eventually!
- 16 large shells
- 3 small shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large tomato
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bring about 3 liters of water to the boil in a big pot.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Peel and finely chop shallots and garlic. Set aside.
- Wash and deseed zucchini by using a spoon and spooning out the seeds, then dice into pinky finger nail small pieces.
- Add a dollop of olive oil to pan and then add chopped shallots and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
- The water should now be boiling, add shells to boiling water and stir every once in a while to avoid sticking together. Cook as long as instructed on package (usually 10 minutes).
- Add ricotta, parmesan, cream, salt and pepper to pan mix well and bring to the boil. Once boiling remove one cup of the sauce and pour onto the bottom of a ovenproof dish.
You can find complete recipes of this SPINACH RICOTTA STUFFED SHELLS in greenhealthycooking.com