Tender oven-baked mushrooms stuffed with cheesy spinach and artichoke dip and topped with a parmesan crumb mixture! An easy and elegant appetizer with amazing flavor!
There are two things I am freaking out about today. One: these mushrooms. Helloooooooo. Bite size morsels of my favorite spinach artichoke dip. What’s not to love about that??! And two: I am sharing my first-ever recipe video with you today. YOU GUYS. This is a BIG DEAL.
That’s obviously why I am shouting.
I’m so excited about it I’m getting all tongue tied just trying to put anything into words right now. So let’s just stick with the mushrooms and let the video speak for itself okay? Okaygood.
Even if you aren’t a mushroom person, which let’s be honest, a lot of people aren’t… I’m still about 99.8 percent sure you will love this appetizer/side dish/whatever you wanna call these beauties. And really, if you say spinach artichoke anything you’re going to have people lined up to get a bite of what you’re serving up. It’s a classic for a reason. Pretty much everybody and their great grandmother love spinarti dip.
Plus aren’t they purrrrrdy??? And I’m not even going to bother telling you how easy they are because um, I made a video to show you how easy they are!!
Okay now you should scroll down and watch the video and then you should let me know what you think of it. But tread softly okay?! It’s my first one. So go easy on me.
- 1 pound whole white mushrooms (about 2 inches wide)
- 1 cup wilted spinach (5 ounces fresh – see note)
- ⅓ cup plain fat free greek yogurt OR light mayo (I like to use a combination of both)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- salt and pepper to taste (I use about ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper)
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish. Remove stems from the mushrooms.
- Mix together spinach, greek yogurt (or mayo), cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Stir in the artichoke hearts and salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a spoon to scoop a small amount of the spinach artichoke mixture and gently press into the mushrooms to fill them. Place in prepared baking dish.
You can find complete recipes of this SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP STUFFED MUSHROOMS in lecremedelacrumb.com