Spinach and Garlic Potato Patties – Delicious and flavorful Patties made with a mixture of potatoes, spinach and garlic.
Hello, pretty friends! Happy Sunday! Hope you are enjoying this wonderful winter-break and all the Holiday things that the Season brings!
I went to do a bit of discount-shopping on the 26th and was met with a hoard of thousands others that decided to do the same thing! Darn it!
As I approached the Holiday-themed aisles, I realized that just about everything was gone. A big red sign that read “50% OFF on Holiday Decor” was the only fixture still standing. DAMN!
Then I went to Macy’s and bought a new dress. Shoes, too. I plan to look good on New Year’s Eve. Clonk!
Fingers crossed I won’t be lookin’ good just for my living room, you know what I’m sayin’?
However, IF for some odd reason I end up staying at home, my new fleece pj’s, yogurt dip and a bowl of these potato patties will be happening.
I have a loving relationship with things shaped into patties. Or fritters. Or meatballs! You know… Anything that needs shaping into a bite-size treat.
Well, this is more like a two-bites treat, but you understand.
Also? If you’re ever in need of spinach-recipes, stop by! I have LOTS!
- 1-pound potatoes (about 4 medium-sized potatoes), boiled, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 bag (8 to 10 ounces) baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil, for frying (add more as needed)
- Sour Cream
- Soy Sauce
- Combine prepared potatoes and milk in a large mixing bowl; using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Add spinach and garlic to skillet; season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for 2 more minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat and add spinach mixture to the potatoes.
- Stir in cheese and lemon juice.
- Add egg and panko/bread crumbs; stir until thoroughly combined and smooth.
You can find complete recipes of this SPINACH AND GARLIC POTATO PATTIES in diethood.com