I am a woman of many contradictions. I am a woman after all. 😉 The most relevant this morning being my love/hate relationship with hazelnuts. I hate hazelnuts. I refuse to eat them. Roasted, salted, raw, whatever. Nasty.
But I LOVE hazelnut coffee. Strange? Definitely. And I really, really love Nutella! Double strange.
So you can imagine my excitement when Averie posted this recipe for Soft Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies. I was ecstatic!
Partially because I love Nutella and partially because I have a lonely little jar of Nutella that is about to expire. Who lets Nutella expire?! Blasphemy! In my defense…
…I have no defense. :-/
The point is moot because clearly I made these delectable Soft Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies. They really are incredibly delicious! Perfectly soft and chewy with bittersweet chocolate scattered throughout.
If you are looking for soft, chewy chocolate cookies that are in your face chocolaty, these are not the cookies for you. But don’t stress, my Quadruple Chocolate Pudding Cookies will satisfy even the most intense chocolate cookie craving!
These Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies are more subtly chocolaty with a hint of hazelnut. The bittersweet chips give a welcome burst of rich chocolate that perfectly complements the soft Nutella cookie. Mmmm perfection.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- heaping 1/3 cup Nutella, stir before scooping
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli, in case you’re new around here)
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda an salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat together butter, nutella, sugars, egg, and vanilla on medium-high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until well combined, about 4 minutes. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula once during this time.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl several time.
- Stir in the bittersweet chocolate chips until well distributed.
You can find complete recipes of this SOFT NUTELLA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES in americanheritagecooking.com