A chocolate lover’s dream come true, these chocolate fudge cookies are soft, slightly chewy and packed with over a pound of chocolate! That’s over 1 ounce of chocolate in each cookie!
I love anything chocolate. The more the merrier. And not just quantity speaking, but richness also! You know what I’m talking about, those chocolate treats that you need a glass of milk near by.
That’s the case for these chocolate fudge cookies. At first I wanted to name them chocolate brownie cookies, but they are so rich and decadent, way, way better than the brownie cookies I’ve previously made. Those are still good, but these will make you weak at the knees.
These triple chocolate fudge cookies are fudgy, rich, intense, and decadent. The edges are chewy, the center is gooey and every bite is oozing with melted chocolate!
These cookies are made completely from scratch, no cake mix, no brownie mix, no pudding mix, no shortcuts. It takes a little patience, but trust me, it’s so worth it!
Just like the chocolate chip cookies I shared with you earlier in the month, these cookies are not your last-minute chocolate treat. They take time! A couple of hours. But remember, the more you chill the dough, the more flavorful the cookies will turn out!
Actually, this cookie dough needs to be chilled twice.
The first time is right after you mix in all the ingredients! The dough is not exactly scoop able. Pop your mixing bowl into the freezer for a half hour or until the dough is chilled enough to scoop out balls.
Once the cookie dough is scooped, chill the cookies for at least 2 hours in the fridge. Don’t skip either of the chilling steps!
I love my OXO ice-cream scoop. Makes portioning the cookie dough such an easy task! Definitely worth the investment!
A word of warning – don’t refrigerate the whole bowl for hours! The cookie dough will harden too much and you won’t be able to scoop it out! If that happens to you, leave the bowl on the counter for a little bit, until soft enough to handle, and refrigerate the scooped cookie dough for a couple of hours before baking.
- 8 oz (226 grams) semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 (84 grams) tablespoons butter
- 2 Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) Imperial Sugar® brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups (160 grams) Gold Medal Flour® all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (30-40 grams) chopped nuts
- 4 oz (113 grams) chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup (160-170 grams) chocolate chips or chunks
- In a heatproof bowl, melt 8 ounces of chocolate and butter in the microwave or a double boiler. If you choose to use the microwave, take the bowl out every 30 seconds and give it a gentle stir. Doing so, there are less chances you’ll burn the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is melting, in a mixing bowl, beat together 2 eggs, sugar, and vanilla until pale and creamy, for about 5 minutes at medium speed. The mixture thickens up and become slightly frothy.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the egg mixture and gently stir in the flour and baking powder.
You can find complete recipes of this SOFT AND CHEWY TRIPLE CHOCOLATE FUDGE COOKIES in atreatsaffair.com