Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Pull Apart Bread is a simple recipe that combines the best part of your favorite monkey bread and homemade cinnamon rolls in a perfectly snackable treat cooked in your crockpot. Ooey gooey, soft and buttery sweet cinnamon roll morsels that you pull apart in little bite-sized pieces. Pure heaven!
We are so excited to be partnering with International Delight® to bring you another fabulous recipe. I don’t know about you, but I love my coffee so I always have creamer in the house. I have found this to be an amazing convenient ingredient in cooking and baking sweets. So, of course when I started thinking about the frosting for this recipe I thought of International Delight.
My whole family loves cinnamon rolls, but to be honest some days I am just not about making and rolling out dough. Last weekend I wanted something that was just as fabulous but something sooo much easier. So, I decided to create a bite size cinnamon roll drizzled with the most amazing frosting. Truly like a bite of your favorite cinnamon roll.
It all starts out with freezer dinner rolls they are utterly convenient but if you prefer you can just whip up a loaf of homemade bread dough and substitute that. The dough balls are coated in butter and tossed in cinnamon sugar. They are cooked in the crockpot and the sugar becomes ooey gooey delicious! As if they aren’t perfect enough they are topped with a cream cheese frosting that will blow your mind.
My family loves finger food so I have to say this pull apart bread was absolutely heavenly. A sweet and tender bite size pastry bursting with spicy sweet cinnamon and covered in the most glorious cream cheese frosting. We all stood around the slow cooker and devoured these little tasty treats. It is the easier cinnamon roll ever.
Ok, so it is not rolled up but the dough is rolled in cinnamon sugar and inspired by the illustrious cinnamon roll so I decided to keep the name.
- 24 frozen dinner rolls
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter. melted
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons International Delight French Vanilla Creamer
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place frozen dinner rolls on clean counter top or cutting board to thaw enough to cut, about 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile: melt butter in medium bowl and prepare cinnamon sugar.
- To prepare cinnamon sugar, combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup of melted butter to the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker
- brush butter up the sides or use a paper towel. Set aside.
- Using clean kitchen shears, cut dinner rolls into 1/4’s. Place a handful of the cut rolls into the butter.
- Stir to coat. Remove from butter and toss in cinnamon sugar.
- Place half of the cinnamon roll bites into the slow cooker in an even layer.
- Repeat to make 2 even layers. Pour any remaining cinnamon sugar over top and pour remaining butter over top.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2-3 hours (mine were perfect at 1 hour 45 minutes).
You can find complete recipes of this Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Pull Apart Bread in theslowroasteditalian.com