A bowl of true comfort food on your dinner table in 30 min or less. That’s something I can live with all week.
And even though it’s a piping hot bowl of soup, I can have this all. year. long.Although I definitely prefer having this during this time of year, especially in front of the fireplace. Not that I have one of those but a girl can dream.
Now this soup is packed with spicy Italian sausage, potatoes and hearty spinach – a complete meal in a single bowl.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, casing removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in chicken broth and bay leaf, and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach until it begins to wilt, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
You can find complete recipes of this SAUSAGE, POTATO AND SPINACH SOUP in damndelicious.net