Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies-chocolate chip cookies with salted caramel, pretzels, and a sprinkling of sea salt. You will love the sweet and salty combo!
We bake cookies every Sunday, it is our tradition. I usually do most of the baking and the boys do most of the eating, but we all have a good time in the kitchen. The boys do try to help by making music with the measuring cups and they love whisking the dry ingredients together. Caleb and Maxwell are also my best taste testers. They always come running when it is time to lick the bowl and when the cookies come out of the oven.
Yesterday, we made Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies and the boys loved them! They gave them two thumbs up!
I am a sucker for all things sweet and salty. Why choose one when you can have both? These cookies have it ALL!
The chocolate chip cookies are pretty much perfection on their own, but they get even better after the salted caramel and pretzels are added in. Oh, and to bring out the salty kick even more I sprinkled the cookies with a little bit of sea salt. Cookie heaven!!!!!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- 18-20 caramels, cut in half (I like to use Trader Joe’s Fleur de Sel Caramels)
- Pretzel twists for pressing on cookies (about 36)
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped pretzels.
You can find complete recipes of this Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies in twopeasandtheirpod.com