Welcome to day 9 of Sally’s Cookie Palooza! Surely you didn’t think I’d throw a cookie bash without inviting some peanut butter to the party – right? If you know anything about me, you know my love for peanut butter runs deep. (Heck, I even drink peanut butter.)
Since I made you wait 9 days into the party, I tripled the peanut butter goodness in this cookie recipe. Soft and thick peanut butter cookies, secretly stuffed with peanut butter cups, and topped with melted peanut butter chocolate. Yes, yes, yes.
These cookies are completely crazy. They’re the star of the show. They’re the peanut butter cookies to put all other peanut butter cookies to shame. They are absolutely number 1 on my peanut butter cookie list at this point. Ha! Who am I kidding? I can’t choose favorites.
If you love peanut butter as much as I do, you have to make these cookies. If you have a peanut butter lover in your life, you have to make these cookies. If you have any tastebuds at all, you have to make these cookies.
Ok. Let’s do this.
First, drop what you’re doing right now and get your peanut butter ready. I like to use store-bought, thick-style peanut butter in this cookie recipe. I either use Jif Creamy or Skippy Natural (which is not oily). Basically any no-stir, non oily peanut butter will do.
So you have your peanut butter ready? Great. Mix it up with some softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add some flour, baking soda, and salt. Chill this soft cookie dough for at least 1 hour. Chilling is mandatory – otherwise the cookie dough will spread all over your baking pan and drip all over the oven.
So yeah – to avoid a disaster – chill this cookie dough!
Another plus to chilling the cookie dough? It intensifies the peanut butter flavor. Sort of like how banana bread’s flavor gets more intense over time. Same thing with the peanut butter in this cookie dough as it chills. That’s a good thing!
- 1 and 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (103g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature1
- 3/4 cup (185g) creamy peanut butter2
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
- 1 cup (180g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- Make the cookies: Toss the flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together on medium speed until combined. On low speed, beat in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Turn the mixer to high and beat until light in color and smooth. Turn the mixer to low and slowly pour in the dry ingredients. Mix until combined and a dough is formed.
- Cover tightly and chill the cookie dough for at least 1 hour (or up to 3 days). Chilling is mandatory.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Take 1 Tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Take another 1 Tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Stick a peanut butter cup into one ball, kind of like a “cradle” as shown above. Top the peanut butter cup with other cookie dough ball and seal down the sides so that the peanut butter cup is securely stuffed inside. Roll the large cookie dough ball in your hands to ensure it’s smooth. Repeat with the rest of the dough and 18 peanut butter cups.
You can find complete recipes of this Reese’s Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies in sallysbakingaddiction.com