These Red Velvet Sugar Cookies are all the delicious flavor of red velvet, buttery soft, and crisp on the outside. Topped with some of the best cream cheese frosting! AMAZING!
Hi friends! How was your weekend?
Over the weekend we had Nathan’s work holiday party. Which was so much fun . . . .
You guys, Nathan’s employees are all these young fun . . . kids. I like to refer to them as The Babies. They aren’t legitimately kids but they are all in their early twenties and literally have reminded us that technically we are old enough to be their parents.
They make up for being jerks by being so fun.
The only problem is that they make me think that I am young. Like super young and a person who can stay out late and over indulge in drinks.
And then I wake up the next morning and I’m brutally reminded that I’m an old lady. You guys. Sunday morning my body was kind of crying.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 TBSPs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsps salt
- 14 TBSPs unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 TBSP red food coloring
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar, not packed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking pans with parchment paper or silicon baking mats .
- In a large bowl mix together 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 2 TBSPs cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Cream together the 14 TBSPs (1 3/4 sticks) butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, then 2 tsps vanilla, 1 tsp white vinegar, and 1 TBSP red food coloring.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture a little bit at a time until the dough is fully combined.
You can find complete recipes of this Red Velvet Sugar Cookies in wineandglue.com