Fresh raspberries are in abundance these days so I decided it was the perfect time for me to make one of my favorite summer desserts! This is one of these super easy cakes that tastes much fancier than it really is!
- 1 white cake mix + ingredients on the box
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pkg Raspberry Danish Dessert
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Make cake batter according to package directions and bake in a 10X15 pan at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (I realized I had lent out my 10X15 pan so I used two 8X8 pans instead and it works fine but the cake is just a little bit thicker.) Cool the cake and then make the cream layer.
- Whip 1 cup whipping cream until soft peaks form (this goes much faster if you freeze the mixing bowl for about an hour beforehand).
- Mix in the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well combined and smooth.
- Pour over the cake and chill.
You can find complete recipes of this RASPBERRY CREAM CAKE in butterwithasideofbread.com