Rainbow Vegetable Noodle Stir-Fry. A quick and healthy weeknight dinner that takes less than 20 minutes to make!
Stir fry’s are so easy to make. That’s why I love them. They are perfect for fast weeknight meals. This Vegetable Noodle Stir-Fry is fast and healthy. Loaded with colorful vegetables and whole wheat spaghetti. The noodles and veggies are tossed in a light sesame peanut sauce and topped with crushed peanuts.
This stir-fry can be made in under 20 minutes or less!
Colorful tender vegetables, crunchy peanuts and whole wheat noodles make this the perfect combination. For the rainbow vegetables I used edamame, green onion, red cabbage, carrots, yellow and red bell peppers. Stir-Fry’s are a great way to use up leftover vegetables.
While your pasta is boiling saute your vegetables. Make the sauce and toss in the pasta.
Make this meal gluten free and substitute the noodles for zucchini noodles. Add some extra protein with chicken or tofu. For a bit of spice add some sriracha or crushed red pepper flakes.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup yellow and red bell peppers, sliced
- ¼ cup carrots, julienne
- ½ cup edamame (I used frozen and thawed it before adding it in)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- crushed peanuts, optional
- Boil pasta until aldente.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat oil and add cabbage, bell peppers and carrots. Saute for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Toss in edamame and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in peanut butter, soy sauce and sesame oil.
You can find complete recipes of this RAINBOW VEGETABLE STIR-FRY in chefsavvy.com