Healthy Quinoa Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash, Pine Nuts, Caramelized Onions and Feta cheese, with French Vinaigrette salad dressing (I used Brianna’s French Vinaigrette salad dressing – it’s excellent! and it’s gluten free!). This delicious salad is perfect for the Fall, and it’s a great way to use butternut squash a little bit differently than usual. All ingredients match one another really well, and the salad dressing is so good! I’ve been eating this for lunch for days now, and this salad keeps you full and satisfied for a long time. It’s healthy, vegetarian, gluten free, full of anti-oxidants (squash) and protein (quinoa).
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large onion, sliced
- half of butternut squash, medium size
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- French Vinaigrette salad dressing (add generous amounts of dressing to individual portions)
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Roasted butternut squash:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Peel the squash and slice it into 3/4 inch cubes. You will only need 1/2 of the medium size squash. Toss the squash cubes in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil and generously sprinkle with salt.
- Put butternut squash on the greased baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes, until soft. Flip the squash cubes over midway through baking. Let it cool slightly before adding to the salad.
You can find complete recipes of this Quinoa with Roasted Butternut Squash, Pine Nuts, Feta in juliasalbum.com