You can never go wrong with a good pound cake for dessert. This pound cake is heavenly! I think the key to this pound cake is using White Lily flour. It makes the cake so light and fluffy while still having the richness you expect from a pound cake.
I baked this in a tube pan. I wanted to have that beautiful, yummy crunchy top to the pound cake. You can use a traditional bundt pan, but that crunchy goodness will be on the bottom of the cake. It will still taste delicious though! We served this with some whipped cream and strawberries. SO good! This is a great dessert for a potluck. It is so easy to make and everyone loves it!
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose soft-wheat flour (White Lily)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (5-oz) can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Set aside.
- Place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat at medium speed for 6 minutes, until really light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and beat for an additional minute. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yolk disappears.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine evaporated milk and heavy cream. Add flour mixture and cream mixture to butter mixture alternately beginning and ending with flour (1/3 flour mixture, 1/2 cream mixture, 1/3 flour mixture, 1/2 cream mixture, 1/3 flour mixture). Beat at slow speed after each addition. Stir in vanilla and almond extract. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Remove from pan and continue cooling on wire rack until completely cool.
You can find complete recipes of this Pound Cake from Heaven in plainchicken.com