I originally shared this Paleo Banana Bread recipe in 2013. It’s received hundreds of glowing reviews and remains one of the top three recipes on my blog…for good reason! It’s easy to prep with no mixer required, has short ingredients list, is gluten-free and Paleo-friendly and tastes delicious. I’ve made this recipe over and over again and I’m always amazed by how similar it tastes to regular banana bread.
Banana bread lends itself so well converting to Paleo Banana Bread for a few reasons.
- The bananas are already so naturally sweet that you don’t need to add much more to it.
- Banana bread is so versatile in general. I’ve gotten pretty crazy with modifications to regular banana bread in the past and it’s very forgiving.
- The bananas add so much moistness to the bread and they’re a perfect complement to the more dense almond and coconut flours.
I used this recipe from Comfy Belly as my base to create my Paleo Banana Bread recipe and modified based on multiple rounds of testing and intuition. My main changes included reducing the number of eggs to improve texture, adding some additional spices, switching coconut oil for the olive oil and a few other small things.
I loved the way this Paleo Banana Bread turned out and I am pretty confident that you could serve this to anyone – regardless of their dietary preferences or restrictions – and it would be a winner!
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 very ripe medium to large bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 x 5 loaf pan by either oiling the dish or lining with parchment paper. (I’m a big fan of the parchment paper for easy removal from pan and easy clean up.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and flours. In a separate small bowl, mix together coconut oil, eggs, bananas, maple syrup and vanilla until very well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix together until combined. Do not overmix.
You can find complete recipes of this Perfect Paleo Banana Bread in peanutbutterrunner.com