I’m certain that roasting veggies is the ultimate way to enjoy them. These Parmesan-Herb Roasted Potatoes prove that to me once again. This is one of those recipes that you will find yourself turning to regularly because they are just too hard to resist. These easy-to-make, roasted potatoes are full of fresh flavor and a depth of toasted goodness from slowly roasting that just can’t be imitated. You get perfectly crisp outsides and deliciously tender, melt-in-your mouth insides. I’d be fine eating just these for dinner.
When it comes to dinner sides I’m all about keeping things simple and this recipe definitely makes the cut. Mostly it’s just a little chopping and a quick toss then some patience as you wait for them to roast.
I’d imagine dried herbs (1/3 the amounts) could also be used in place of the fresh if you are looking to cut the cost here but I’d recommend trying them with fresh herbs at least once. Then any left over rosemary you have you can use to make one of my favorite breads, this Rosemary Bread. And you can use the remaining parsley to make any of these delicious recipes here.
- 2 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes, sliced into halves (or quarters if slightly bigger)
- 3 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (2.5 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over a baking sheet and spread evenly to coat (I just used a small sandwich bag to spread), set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl toss potatoes with remaining 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Add parmesan, garlic, parsley, rosemary and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then toss to evenly distribute. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer (add parmesan that has fallen off potatoes back on tops of potatoes). Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes, then remove from oven and toss (they may stick slightly so just use a spatula to lift from pan and rotate), return to oven and bake until golden and crisp on outsides, about 20 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
You can find complete recipes of this Parmesan-Herb Roasted Potatoes in cookingclassy.com