Roasted garlic-parmesan veggies with sausage and herbs all made and cooked on one pan. 10 minutes prep, easy clean-up!
I know it’s mostly been one pan chicken dinners (or fish) around these parts, so I thought I’d change it up a bit and add some sausage into the mix.
Tons of veggies & sausage mixed with herbs and olive oil and then all tossed together on one foil or parchment-lined pan = ridiculously fast prep, insanely quick clean-up (like none really), and so much delicious flavor. This is a one pan healthy dinner that you are going to love!
This meal was inspired by the husband. He’s been wanting to bring in more lunches to work and while his idea of a lunch is his last-minute slapped together pb&j (not horrible I know, but..), I’ve wanted to step in and help a little.
So, sheet pan chicken dinners came to mind — make an entire dinner Sunday night and he could enjoy it all week long. Except, by day 2, the breading on the chicken dinners wasn’t all that great. So that idea was vetoed.
And then I thought about these sausage and veggie foil packs that he loves and knew it would be a great idea to change that into a lunch for him.
Make one huge tray of these veggies + sausage and a big batch of quinoa (or rice) and voila: easy and healthy lunches for him for an entire week long.
This sheet pan dinner is ridiculously easy, healthy, and tastes great even by the end of the week!
- 2 cups (~1 small) red potato
- 3/4ths pound green beans
- 1 large head of broccoli (~ 1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped bell peppers 2 large or 6-7 mini sweet bell peppers
- 9 ounces sausage I use turkey or chicken, not ground sausage
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Serve with: fresh parsley, quinoa/rice, lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Prep the veggies: chop the red potatoes (pretty small pieces here so they will be tender in time), trim the green beans and halve (see video above recipe), chop the broccoli, chop the peppers into thick squares, and coin the sausage in thick slices.
You can find complete recipes of this ONE PAN HEALTHY SAUSAGE AND VEGGIES in chelseasmessyapron.com