Moist and tender chocolate muffins with an oozing Nutella centre, and studded with chocolate chips!
I have the perfect muffin for chocolate lovers right here. Chocolate muffins with a moist crumb, are full of chocolate chips, and have a dreamy, oozing Nutella centre… Who can resist? Certainly not me!
I LOVE Nutella. It’s always on my shopping list, and I use it all the time – baking or not. I love Nutella on toast, sandwiches, in porridge, on a spoon… 😉 But most of all, I do love using spreads in my recipes. For example, these chocolate muffins with their Nutella centres.
For these muffins, I’m using my favourite muffin recipe base. It is my go-to for muffins, and bread. The 2 teaspoons of baking powder makes these rise beautifully, but not too much. The buttermilk, and oil makes the batter so silky, and the muffins super moist, and tender. These are undoubtedly my favourite chocolate muffins!
- 3 cups (375g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (170g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (100ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 – 24 teaspoons Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Spray or butter a 12-hole muffin pan, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
You can find complete recipes of this NUTELLA STUFFED DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS in marshasbakingaddiction.com