Okay. I confess. Again. I may have committed the ultimate sin. Because if making a jumbo sized chocolate chip cookie is not enough….I decided to stuff it — with Nutella.
This buttery and gooey on the inside – crispy and set on the outside – Nutella stuffed magical pie of-a-chocolate-chip-cookie had all of us weak at the knees begging for more, desperately scraping each and every crumb directly outta the pan like we’d been starving for weeks.
And. To make matters even better (because it’s never worse when Nutella is involved), I accidentally on purpose made this twice.
My children being on school holidays didn’t help? Oh, but it did. I made this for them…originally. They love Nutella just as much as I do. And of course, I need taste testers. Well, that’s my excuse anyway.
While making the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie last week, I kinda thought about layering it with Nutella somehow but the Peanut Butter aromas fogged my senses and I couldn’t think straight.
But. No fear, because.the.very.next.day…a little experiment began.
The fudgiest Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie. Deep Dish. Skillet. Cast Iron. Sexiest cookie known to man. What matters is what’s on the inside, right?
- ½ cup light butter (or your spread of choice), softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup natural sweetener (or your sugar of choice: white, coconut, raw, castor, etc)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour (light spelt)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup nutella, melted (or this Refined Sugar-Free Nutella Spread!)
- Preheat oven to 175c | 350° F. Line a 9″ cast iron skillet (or pie dish) with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sweetener/sugar and vanilla, and whisk until light and creamy. Add the egg and whisk again until combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Fold in half the chocolate chips and spoon ½ the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt the nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds OR over stove top in a heat-proof dish over a pot of boiling water until it becomes thinner in consistency.
You can find complete recipes of this NUTELLA STUFFED DEEP DISH CHOCOLATE CHIP SKILLET COOKIE (PIZOOKIE) in cafedelites.com