Mashed Potato Casserole. The creamiest, cheesiest mashed potatoes EVER! This easy to make side dish is loaded up with extra melty cheese, crispy bacon, and chives. The best part? You can make this dish ahead of time and then just pop it in the oven to heat back up! This dish will end up being the highlight of any meal!
This mashed potato casserole is melt in your mouth creamy and smooth, loaded up with tons of melty cheese, crunchy panko bread crumbs, topped with crisp salty bacon, and bits of chives for color and a pop of fresh flavor.
I know mashed potatoes are typically a side dish, but I’m thinking in the case of this dish we may be ok making it an entire meal. No judgment here! It’s absolutely possible I attacked this dish with a fork once the pics were done!
Mashed potatoes have forever been my favorite side dish. There’s so many ways to enjoy them. Plain. Loaded with butter. Drenched in gravy. But I think the combination of mashed potatoes with cheese and bacon is my all time favorite!
- 3 pounds russet potatoes
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 5 strips bacon cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Peel and chop the potatoes. Add to a large pot. Cover with water and heat over high heat, boil the potatoes in the water about 20 minutes or until softened.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the potatoes and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, and salt. Mix with a potato masher or for creamier potatoes use a hand or stand mixer.
Add the shredded cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
You can find complete recipes of this MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE in houseofyumm.com