Bursting with lemon flavor, this is a delicious way to turn plain rice into an exotic dish, and it’s the perfect accompaniment to any meats and/or veggies.
HELLO! What’s up what’s up?! I have very important news. Very. I took almost an entire week away from the blog! I’m shocked at myself. I still worked, but away from home and WITH people!
🙌 As in, not by myself in a kitchen creating recipes and taking photos in a 2×4 make-believe studio for 8 hours a day. #foodbloggerproblems
Sneak peek of where I was and what I did:
Will talk to you about it in an upcoming post. EEEP!
I know. You came here for the rice.
Have you ever had Lemon Rice?! If not, you really, really, reaaaallllly should! It will change you 4EVA.
You know what’s in here, right? I mean, besides the lemon. Any ideas? It’s turmeric! That’s why it’s so golden and pretty and SO freakin’ hard to photograph! Yellow food is my enemy. But, who cares… I brought you sunshine in a dish! The rice is amazing and that is all that we need to worry about.
Now, before my Indian friends notice that there’s no roasted peanuts in here and red chilies, allow me to explain. This is how we, Macedonians, make it: green onions, garlic, lemon zest and as much lemon juice as one needs. I, however, did add a bit of extra: turmeric. In as far as I know, we don’t use turmeric, but I had to stir it in – it’s just too pretty and too good-for-you to pass up.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, white parts only, cut into thin rounds (reserve green parts for garnish)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup long grain rice
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- chopped fresh dill, for garnish
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- Melt butter and heat olive oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and lemon zest; continue to cook and stir for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add rice; season with turmeric, salt and pepper, and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetable broth, milk, and lemon juice.
- Turn up the heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; cover the pan and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated.
You can find complete recipes of this LEMON RICE RECIPE in diethood.com