We all love ice cream cake, but who has the time to make it?
Thankfully the lazy ice cream cake actually exists, and we can all roll around the neighborhood with happy bellies.
Lazy Ice Cream Cake
- 12 ice cream sandwiches, any flavor
- Ice cream, any flavor- softened
- Ice cream topping, such as caramel, hot fudge, strawberry, etc.
- Whipped Topping
- Line an 8″ x 8″ pan with saran wrap. Using half the sandwiches, make a single layer.
- Cover the ice cream sandwiches with softened ice cream- try to make an even layer. (used about ⅓ of a tub of Cookies ‘n Cream.)
- Cover the ice cream with a thin layer of hot fudge
- Finish the layers off with the remaining ice cream sandwiches.
- Throw the pan in the fridge for about an hour so the ice cream can harden.
nce the ice cream has hardened, invert the pan onto the plate you’ll serve it from.
“Frost” the cake with the whipped topping.
tried to get fancy and made lines of caramel & chocolate sauce, then dragged a toothpick in alternating directions to create the design.
- Return the cake to the freezer until ready to serve.
You can find complete recipes of this Lazy Ice Cream Cake in au-cuisine.blogspot.com