Inspired by a sugar cookie and featuring ricotta and olive oil, this Italian sweet cake is about to become the best you’ve ever tasted. Ever. Ever.
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ French vanilla cake mix
- 1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Nonpareil sprinkles
- Baking spray
- Heat oven to 325º F. Spray a 9” springform pan with baking spray.
- In a stand mixer, beat together cake mix, ricotta, 3/4 cup heavy cream, olive oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Beat until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from springform pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup heavy cream, powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Drizzle over cake, sprinkle with nonpareils. Allow frosting to set before slicing and serving.
You can find complete recipes of this Italian Christmas Cookie Cake in tablespoon.com