Lemon lovers look no further for your new favorite lemon dessert! These Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and tart! An exceptionally easy cookie recipe that you’re going to LOVE!
I figured after all the savory recipes I’ve been sharing lately, you guys were probably craving something sweet…I’m looking at you!! Today I’m sharing my easy recipe for the most outrageously delicious Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies. If you love poppy seed muffins, you’re going to go crazy for these yummy cookies!
The boys have four days of school left and per usual, every day is packed full of activities and fun. I’m spending a good portion of each day at the school, helping out, going on field trips, and attending awards ceremonies and such.
Thankfully, there is still time to make cookies in my busy schedule…especially when they’re these Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies. Unreal you guys.
I am all about lemon recipes during the summer. That bright yellow color and irresistible tartness just call to me like nothing else. I’m pretty lucky I guess that my family loves lemon as much as I do…that way I don’t have to eat them ALL 🙂
This recipe is super simple and unlike many of my other cookie recipes, requires no refrigeration. It’s all about quickly mixing, scooping and baking. Just that easy. I topped these cookies with a lemon glaze that is part sweet part tart and all awesome. It’s the perfect addition to these soft and tasty cookies.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1½ tsp lemon extract
- 1 drop of yellow food color (optional)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, lemon zest, and poppy seeds in a medium sized bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in the egg and egg yolks until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the lemon extract and food color.
You can find complete recipes of this Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies in momontimeout.com