I’ve blogged before about my love of breakfast foods. I could eat it any time of the day, and it’s fairly common to come over to the Merkley home on an evening and find us eating French Toast or Pancakes. Breakfast recipes are just that great! I feel like we don’t get to eat them often enough in the mornings since we’re usually in a rush, but we occasionally get to enjoy them on the weekends and holidays. One holiday we always have breakfast is on Mother’s Day. And usually I’m not the one that has to bake it!! 😉
This is day I enjoy. The hubby and kiddos go all out to serve their mama, and I admit – I LOVE it! It’s nice to be catered to every once in awhile, and Mother’s Day is a holiday I’ve come to look forward to. 🙂
One of my favorite recipes to enjoy on this day is French Toast, and more particularly French Toast Bake. It is simple to make and is beyond delicious!!
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (we used Pepperidge Farm loaf)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 TB vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- Cut loaf into cubes and place evenly in a greased 9×13 pan.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread.
- Cover your pan with Saran Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
You can find complete recipes of this French Toast Bake in lilluna.com