This is the easiest way to make salmon in foil. It is baked over a bed of asparagus. You infuse your salmon with lemon, onion and dried oregano for a richer flavor. Gluten-free, paleo, and low-carb!
Oh Gosh, do you believe it is already June? I said to my husband yesterday that it feels like this year has just been flying by. I guess every year we feel the same way, right? I hope I can have time to do all the things I am still planning to do this year. I better run…
This weekend was very wet here. Saturday and Sunday were raining a lot and for this reason we spent most of the time inside the house. But we used this time to do something very useful and necessary: spring-cleaning. Yes, I know spring is almost at over, but like they say “better late than never”. So, we cleaned all the cabinets, closets, bathrooms… We mopped, vacuumed, washed the BBQ and the patio set and removed all the dust. I have to say that I felt so good after all this cleaning. I always clean the house, but honestly I don’t deep clean my home every single month. I mean it is not necessary since we are very organized and it is only me and my husband at home.
But one of the reasons we were so motivated to do a big cleaning is that my family is coming to visit us this Wednesday (tomorrow) for the first time and they will be here for 3 weeks. I am SO excited. I can’t even express how much. On Thursday we are going to Montreal to visit my in-laws and probably we will stay there for one week. Actually we are going to be at my husband’s family’s cottage and enjoy the lake. I can’t wait. Then, we will be back in Toronto and visit the CN Tower, aquarium, museums, Toronto Island, lots of parks, few farms and of course Niagara. Summer is going to be good!
- 2 salmon fillets (It is about 4 once each)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 16 Asparagus spears
- 2 (40g) slices of onions
- 4 slices of lemon
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, place the two pieces of salmon; pour 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Cut two sheets of foil. It has to be big enough to wrap the salmon and asparagus.
- First place asparagus (about 8 spears) on the sheet of foil.
- Layer fillets over asparagus.
- Then top each with about 2 onion slices and 2 lemon slices.
- Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold on top and bottom of foil to enclose.
You can find complete recipes of this Foil Baked Salmon Recipe in primaverakitchen.com