These Easy Egg Wraps are perfect for a low-carb, high-protein snack. Make several ahead of time and fill with things like turkey, avocado, cheese, hummus and more.
Let’s kick off the week with world’s easiest snack idea, shall we? First of all, can you believe it’s already May?! How’d that happen? And did you know that May is National Egg Month? You guys know how much I love eggs right? (Fun fact: Ohio is actually nationally ranked number 2 in egg farming!) Squish and I pretty much eat them daily because they’re a quick and easy protein source.
One egg has 13 essential vitamins and minerals (like Vitamin D), 6 grams of protein and healthy fats! You can even buy them pasteurized if you like eating them under-cooked and you’re looking for a safer option. Added bonus- they’re budget-friendly and oh so versatile!
So when my friends at the Ohio Eggs reached out and asked me to share a fun snack idea with you guys, these Egg Wraps immediately came to mind. I’ve had the idea floating around in my head for a while now but have never gotten around to trying them out and this was just the push I needed.
You guys won’t believe how easy these are. The wraps themselves are literally one ingredient- an egg. It’s basically like making a fried egg, just a little bit thinner and then filling it with other deliciousness.
- yogurt, etc
- cayenne pepper
- oregano, etc
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Grease with butter or oil.
- In a bowl, crack one egg and mix well with a fork.
- Pour into a hot pan and tilt pan to spread egg into a large circle on the bottom of the pan.
- Let cook 30 seconds. (Sprinkle with seasonings if desired)
- Carefully flip with a large spatula and let cook another 30 seconds.
- Remove from pan and repeat with as many eggs as desired.
- Let egg wraps cool slightly (or fully), top as desired with fillings, roll and serve warm or cold.
You can find complete recipes of this EASY EGG WRAPS in theleangreenbean.com