Easy Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken – Loaded with salsa verde (green sauce) and delicious chopped tomatoes, this healthy crock pot chicken is incredibly flavorful and extremely easy to make. Just place it all in the crock pot and walk away.
I should’ve called it the “Dump & Go” chicken dinner.
Sidenote: Don’t you HATE IT when people say “should OF”, when they really mean to say “should’ve”? Like, should HAVE. Grammar mistakes kinda irk me… a lot. But I just said “kinda” which is totally unacceptable, but very midwestern, so I’m just staying true to my home, homey.
Anywho. Hallo Hallo, lovelies!👈 (Been watchin’ too much Ladies of London – they’re rubbing off on me.) Smile BIG – it’s Sunday Fundaaaay!
Don’t EVEN think about manic Monday… not yet. You can, but not until 7 pm tonight, when you start to remember all the things you have to get done before Monday arrives. Coo’?
Also? I’ve noticed that our Savory Sundays are slowly becoming Crock Pot Sundays. Are we okay with that? If not, just let me know, and we might work it out.
Personally, I think it’s great, especially these easy “dump and go” dinners because, it literally takes 5 minutes to prep dinner and the rest is done by our Crock Pot crock pot.
Sidenote: IS that why it’s called a crock pot? Because of the brand?? HA!
I’m just kidding! Of course I knew that!
😉 It’s like that whole Kleenex by Kleenex thing.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (16-ounces) Salsa Verde (I use Herdez Salsa Verde)
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) chili powder
- 1 onion, diced, for garnish
- chopped parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Lightly spray the crock with cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place chicken in the crock pot.
- Add salsa verde, chopped tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook for 3.5 to 4 hours on HIGH, or 5 to 6 hours on LOW.
- Remove cover and transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board; using two forks, shred the chicken.*
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the crock pot.
You can find complete recipes of this EASY CROCK POT SALSA VERDE CHICKEN in diethood.com