Mushrooms are one of my favourite foods and although I am perfectly happy with simple mushrooms sautéed in butter and garlic it’s always nice to change things up! These creamy garlic and brie mushrooms are one of the tastiest ways that I have come up with for enjoying some basic button mushrooms as a quick and easy dish that is a great side for any meal (or just devouring by the bowlful!). The recipe could not be simpler, you cook the button mushrooms, whole, in butter until they are nice and tender and they have released their liquids before adding the garlic and then creating the creamy sauce with a combination of broth and brie cheese! Finish everything off with some salt and pepper along with an optional garnish of parsley and you have a tasty mushroom side dish that is ready to be inhaled from the table before you can blink!
Take a look below the recipe and/or at Mushrooms Canada for even more delicious mushrooms recipes and shroom out!
- 1 tablespoon butter (or oil)
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 ounces brie (casings optionally removed), diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the mushrooms and cook until they are tender and release their liquids, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and brie and cook until the brie has melted before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
You can find complete recipes of this Creamy Garlic and Brie Mushrooms in closetcooking.com