Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Bell Peppers, Asparagus, in a Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce. The very creamy alfredo sauce is made completely from scratch with half and half, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, basil and crushed red pepper! This pasta is very easy to make, and all the ingredients and the vegetables complement one another nicely. YOU WILL LOVE THIS PASTA RECIPE!
It’s a quite good-looking pasta dish, don’t you think? No surprise here – if you combine all those colorful vegetables together with pasta, creamy sauce, and grilled chicken – it better look good! But looks are deceptive – this dish is embarrassingly easy to make! My instructions might seem long, but it’s only because I like to explain everything in detail, to prevent future questions. The recipe really could be condensed into 5 lines.
Just like most dinner recipes on my site – this dish is gluten-free diet friendly. Everything is made from scratch, and to make it gluten free just use gluten free brown rice penne!
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small jar (3-4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, or use 3-4 oz fat-free sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar (or vegetable oil)
- 7-10 sprigs of asparagus
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 8 oz penne pasta (for gluten free, use Tinkyada gluten free brown rice pasta)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil (if using dry basil), if using fresh basil you can add more
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (at least, add more to taste)
- 1/2 cup reserved cooked pasta water (or more)
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb grilled chicken breast, sliced into strips
- Note: if using sun-dried tomatoes in oil (in a jar), make sure to drain sun-dried tomatoes from oil, before using them. Reserve 2 tablespoons of this drained oil for sauteing as described below:
- In a large pan, on high heat, sautee garlic and sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) in 2 tablespoons of oil (reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes jar – see note above) for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add the rest of vegetables (asparagus, each sprig cut into 3 slices, and thinly sliced bell peppers), sprinkle with a small amount of salt, and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until they soften just a little (you still want them to have a bit of crunch).
- Bring a large pan with water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve some cooked pasta water. Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water (to stop cooking).
You can find complete recipes of this Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Bell Peppers, Asparagus, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes in juliasalbum.com