Lettuce wraps at PF Chang’s are so good. They’re a favorite for my family and a must-order item.
Since I love Mexican food, I worked some Mexican flair into what’s normally an Asian dish.
Soft butter lettuce (you could also use romaine) cradles taco-seasoned chicken, juicy tomatoes and corn, crisp bell peppers, and cheese.
The wraps are topped with bright cilantro and seasoned tortilla chips. There’s so much flavor and texture in every bite. I tend to overstuff my wraps to pack in as many flavors and textures as I possibly can, but tender butter lettuce doesn’t exactly allow for that and sometimes I have wrap breakage. There are worse things.
You can customize the wraps by incorporating ingredients black beans, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or your favorite taco fixings.
The wraps are an easy party appetizer and people love creating their own wraps. Or make them for a fast, fun, and healthy dinner or lunch. They’re ready in 10 minutes and a crowd favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (I use reduced sodium, medium heat)
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced small (I used Roma, vine-ripened or cherry tomatoes may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 cup corn (I used frozen, fresh may be substituted)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use a Mexican blend with monterey Jack and cheddar)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup seasoned tortilla chips, crushed (I crush Doritos in my palm)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, optional
- 1 medium Hass avocado, peeled and diced or make into guacamole, optional
- salsa, optional for garnshing
- sour cream, optional for garnishing
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, flipping and stirring intermittently so all sides cook evenly. After the chicken has cooked through, evenly sprinkle with taco seasoning and stir to evenly coat. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Allow chicken to rest in pan off the heat while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Peel off the leaves of the butter lettuce from the core and stack them on a plate.
You can find complete recipes of this CHICKEN TORTILLA LETTUCE WRAPS in averiecooks.com