Succulent cabbage sauteed with tender chicken and vegetables. Just a few ingredients and about 15 minutes of active time make up this delicious dinner. This is my #1 Best Recipe yet!
This recipe has never failed me. It gets “Ooohs” and “Aaahs” from my family and friends every time I make it! This Cabbage Sauteed with Chicken is so flavorful, filling and healthy that I cannot say enough good things about it. It is a MUST TRY and I hope you won’t skip this recipe.
We make sauteed cabbage quite often in Ukrainian cuisine using fresh cabbage when it’s in season and pickled cabbage during the winter and spring. Most of the time we make it with pork or beef, but sometimes we make a vegetarian version. A couple of years ago I decided to try this dish with chicken and it exceeded all my expectations. Since then, I have regular requests for this dish from my husband, but to be honest with you – I love it more than anybody! It is by far my favorite dish in the world and I can eat it every day with a big spoon right out of the cooking pot. 🙂
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 small cabbage
- 2 medium carrots (shredded)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt, pepper
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Warm up a large saute pan on medium-high heat. Add olive oil and chicken. Fry for 5-7 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, slice the cabbage into thin strips, just like you would for coleslaw.
- Add cabbage and paprika to the chicken. Stir, and saute for another five to ten minutes.
You can find complete recipes of this Cabbage Sauteed with Chicken in cooktoria.com