This delicious Butterfinger Cake Recipe dessert is made from scratch and features a moist chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and butterfingers.
First of all, nothing cures a stressed week more than a piece of cake, and this amazing Butterfinger Cake Recipe will definitely bring a smile to your face with flavor, texture, and aroma.
Imagine 2 layers of moist chocolate cake served with a sweet and smooth peanut butter frosting crunched together with tons of chopped Butterfinger pieces that not only gives this dessert flavor, but also a crunchy texture in every bite.
For Chocolate Cake:
- 1 Cup of Butter unsalted, 2 sticks
- 2 Cups ¼ of Cake Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- Teaspoon ¼ of Salt
- 1/4 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- Cups ¾ of Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs large
- 1 Bar of Semi-Sweet Chocolate 4oz
- 2 Teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Peanut Butter Buttercream
- 2 cups of Butter softened, 4 sticks
- 2 cups of Peanut Butter the creamy kind
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 6 cups Confectioners’ Sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream maybe more if needed
- pieces Butterfinger candy either or in fun size
For Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line the bottom of 2- 9″ Cake pans with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray the bottom and sides of the cake
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix and place aside
n the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Cream on medium speed until lightened in color.
- About 2-3 minutes
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave doing 15-second intervals. Do not let chocolate burn
- Add the chocolate to the mixer and mix until combined
- Reduce speed of mixer
- In a small glass mix the sour cream and milk
- Alternatively, add the flour mixture and the milk in 2-3 batches. Starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Mix until combined
- Divide the batter between the 2 pans and bake
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let them cool on a cooling rack for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, unmold and let the cool completely on the rack (I refrigerated mine to speed up the process)
You can find complete recipes of this Butterfinger Cake Recipe in livingsweetmoments.com