This brownie cookie recipe is all of the good parts of a brownie- crackly crust, fudgy middles, chewy edges, & intense chocolate flavor -in one little cookie!
I have some amazing, chocolaty goodness for you today! These Brownie Cookies are for serious chocolate lovers.They’re similar to my Flourless Fudge Cookies, the most popular recipe on my site, but these cookies are thicker and richer.
This brownie cookie recipe is pretty simple to make and give you all of the good parts of a brownie – shiny, crackly crust, fudgy middles, chewy edges, and intense chocolate flavor – in one little cookie.
When you read the recipe, you may be tempted to cut short the mixing time. Don’t do it! The cookies need the extended mixing time, so please take the few extra minutes to make it as written. And…..then enjoy the most ridiculously rich and fudgy cookies ever!
If you love brownies, please take a moment to check out even more brownie recipes below! Or check out my Brookie recipe that combines these cookies with chewy chocolate chip cookies!
- 12 oz . bittersweet chocolate chips 60-70% cacao
- 1/2 c . butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c . granulated sugar
- 1/4 c . brown sugar
- 1 T . vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp . baking powder
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 3/4 c . all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c . unsweetened cocoa powder not Dutch-processed
- 1 c . pecans chopped, optional
- 1/2 c . mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and well-combined.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs, sugars, vanilla, baking powder, and salt on high speed 5 minutes, or until the batter is thick and creamy.
- Reduce the speed to low, and mix in the melted chocolate until well-combined.
- Stir in flour and cocoa powder just until combined.
- Add nuts, if using, and chocolate chips. Stir in to combine. The batter should be the consistency of a thick brownie batter at this point.
- Cover the batter, and chill for 30 minutes.
You can find complete recipes of this Brownie Cookie Recipe in ihearteating.com