Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake – magnificent, smooth and creamy filling with vanilla flavor sandwiched between two cake layer, topped with fudgy and rich chocolate ganache layer is winning combo! You get both vanilla and chocolate in one mouthwatering treat! You’ll satisfy almost every taste, and that’s why this Boston Cream Pie Pound Cake is great idea for Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert!
You get both vanilla and chocolate in one mouthwatering treat!Don’t let the name Boston Cream Pie fool you!!! This classic dessert is actually a vanilla cake filled with pastry cream and topped with silky chocolate ganache. Well, if it’s not a pie, then it could be pound cake, right?!
Boston Cream Pie was usually served as a round sponge or yellow butter cake. In the last few years, this delicious pie flavor became very popular in bite sized version, too. You’ve probably already seen so many recipes for Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes.
I thought, if it’s a cake and not a pie, and it could be in a cupcake form, then there’s no reason why I would not be able to make this traditional dessert in the shape of a pound cake!
For Pasrty Cream:
- 3egg yolks
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter-softened
- 1 1 /3 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Chocolate Ganache:
- 6 oz. semi sweet baking chocolate-finely chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- To make the pastry cream whisk together egg yolks, sugar and salt. Add cornstarch and whisk until the mixture is pale yellow and thick.
- In a medium saucepan place 1 1/3 cups heavy cream, add egg mixture and stir until combine. Whisking constantly cook over medium heat until it gets thick pudding consistency.
- Remove from the heat, add butter and vanilla and stir until the butter is melted. Transfer to a bowl, cover with a plastic wrap pressed on the top of the pastry cream so a film does not form. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to set.
- To make the cake preheat oven to 350 F, butter and flour 9 x5 x3 inch loaf pan (8 cup volume pan) or just butter the pan and line the bottom with parchment paper living the paper overhang wider sides so could easier lift the cake.
- In a small saucepan over a low heat combine milk and butter, bring to a boil, set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and sugar on high speed until lightened in color and thick (4-5 mins). Using a rubber spatula, gradually stir in dry ingredients. Stir until combine.
You can find complete recipes of this BOSTON CREAM PIE POUND CAKE in omgchocolatedesserts.com