BLT Balsamic Chicken Avocado & Feta Salad is a delicious twist to a BLT in salad form, with a balsamic dressing that doubles as a marinade! You won’t even miss the bread in this mega loaded salad.
Aside from the avocado and feta and crispy bacon in this bowl of epic-ness, the balsamic dressing / marinade / gift from the salad gods is everything. If you love all the salads on my blog so far, this one is right up there with the best of them.
The dressing has so many flavours packed into it, that when you fry your chicken with it AND dress your salad with the rest of it, you won’t know what to do with yourself. No only does it contain the obvious balsamic and olive oil, get ready for your mind to be blown with a sprinkle of Italian herbs, a kick of garlic and a hint of honey. You will be table top dancing, along with your taste buds.
By the way, there is balsamic in there 👇 I swear, sunk right at the bottom. I wanted to capture those herbs sitting at the top. When you whisk it together, it’s a whirlpool of balsamic lava lamp.
With all of you guys writing in telling me how much you’re loving these dressing / marinade salads, and how much they’re making your lives easier, and some of you even demanding MORE SALADS…..this one will NOT disappoint you, or your anti-salad husbands or boyfriends or children or family or parents or friends or neighbours…..or whoever you’re sharing this with. That’s if you’re sharing, of course.
The chicken gets marinaded in some of the dressing to keep the easy merriment going. Then pan-fried to crispy, golden, tender, juicy deliciousness.
Balsamic Dressing / Marinade:
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (or more oil if you wish)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets (or breast fillets)
- 5 ounces |150g bacon, diced and trimmed of all fat
- 8 cups mixed salad lettuce leaves (or Romaine | Cos lettuce leaves)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- extra Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk balsamic dressing / marinade ingredients together until well combined. Pour 2-3 tablespoons into a shallow bowl. Add the chicken thighs and coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper; set aside for 10 minutes while the frying bacon.
- Fry bacon until crisp in a skillet over medium-high heat. Wipe pan over with paper towel.
You can find complete recipes of this BLT BALSAMIC CHICKEN AVOCADO & FETA SALAD in cafedelites.com