This really is the Best Ever Banana Bundt Cake Recipe….and the Cream Cheese Frosting……you’ll hear angels singing after one bite!
This recipe is a treasure.
Print this out and go stick it in the family Bible. Your grand children will thank you.
Once upon a time I needed to use up some ripe bananas. I also needed to take a cake to a church activity that night so…. I googled banana cake and found this recipe. The recipe claimed to be the best ever. I gave it a shot. Turns out it really was the best banana cake I’d ever had.
Over the passing years I’ve tweaked the recipe just a little to better fit my cooking style and I gotta admit, I like it a little better my way.
….and I also feel like it is really important to cook it in a Bundt Pan.
One of the most important steps in this recipe is freezing the cake (in the pan) immediately after removing it from the oven. I put a hot pad down in my freezer so the hot pan won’t defrost anything.
It looks like this when I take it out. Run a knife along the edges and around the center tube before turning it out onto your cake stand or plate.
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2⅛ cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1½ cup buttermilk, (i use sour milk* or ½ plain yogurt half milk if I don’t have butter milk)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups smashed very ripe bananas, I use 3 or 4 bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside
- Smash the bananas and mix in the 2 tsp of lemon juice and set aside
- Using a hand mixer or your stand mixer combine, butter, oil and sugar and mix thoroughly
- Add eggs one at a time and mix just until combined
- Add vanilla, salt, and butter milk. Mix well, scrape edges and bottom of bowl to make sure everything is well combined.
You can find complete recipes of this BEST EVER BANANA BUNDT CAKE RECIPE in reallifedinner.com