This week turned out to be quite busy again, and it’s during the weeks like this one that I love simple weeknight dinners, such as this Asian salmon and noodles. You might have noticed that this pasta dish is strikingly similar to my recent recipe for spicy Asian noodles with mushrooms and snow peas, including the trivia that I manually counted 60 snow peas. In fact, the only difference between these two recipes is the presence of salmon in our today’s dish. The fact that I am this non-creative with the today’s recipe underscores how tired and short on time I am this week.
The salmon and noodles cooked Asian style that you see on the photos are so flavorful, that this dish quickly became a favorite in and outside of our home! And, it take such a short time to make this that I’ve been feeding this dish to my family LOTS of times. I am surprised they are still not tired of it. So, I know your family will love this recipe if you like good Asian food! And, like it should be on a busy weeknight, the recipe is quick, easy and requires no mental power!
Salmon is seared, then broiled with a little bit of honey and soy sauce just for the right amount of time, then it is left to sit on the counter, covered, to continue cooking. As a result, the salmon comes out full of flavor, soft and juicy. I don’t tolerate overcooked salmon (which can be dry and flavorless), so in this recipe your salmon will be perfect! Asian-style noodles with vegetables complete picture perfect for this easy-to-make weeknight dinner!
Ingredients for noodles:
- 1 tablespoons cooking oil
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 7-10 regular button mushrooms, sliced, or 1 Portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 or 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (substitute with any other hot sauce if you don’t have Sriracha)
- 60 snow peas, ends trimmed (sorry, I didn’t have a scale, so I counted them :)). I think it’s about 2 or 3 cups
- 1/2 lb pasta, preferably Fettuccine (half a pound)
Ingredients for salmon:
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 pound salmon
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat cooking oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add chopped green onions and sesame seeds and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes on medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat, and add soy sauce, honey, chicken stock, sesame oil, Sriracha – mix everything well to combine.
- In a separate pan, boil snow peas 3-5 minutes until tender but still crunchy. Drain.
- In another large pan, bring water to boil and cook pasta for 10-12 minutes or longer (according to pasta instructions) al dente. Drain.
- Add drained snow peas and pasta to the vegetables and sauce in the large frying pan with vegetables from step 1. Mix everything well and heat everything through on medium-low heat.
You can find complete recipes of this Asian salmon and noodles in juliasalbum.com