Asiago Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach – chicken breast sauteed with garlic in a delicious Asiago cheese cream sauce, perfectly complemented by spinach and sun-dried tomatoes! Comfort food made with fresh ingredients.
Short pasta, such as penne, is perfect for creamy recipes like this one – Asiago cheese cream sauce perfectly coats every single pasta bite. Both pasta and chicken are literally drowning in the Asiago sauce deliciousness! This recipe can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free brown rice penne.
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes with oil (2 tablespoons)
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced in half, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half and half (and more) – (half milk – half cream to form a lighter cream)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 8 oz penne pasta (use gluten free brown rice penne, for gluten free version)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Use sun-dried tomatoes in oil – if the sun-dried tomatoes are too big, chop them into smaller bites. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil with sun-dried tomatoes and minced garlic on medium heat
- Heat sun-dried tomatoes (cut them) in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and chopped garlic on medium heat. Add chopped chicken breast to the sun-dried tomatoes and oil – generously season the chicken in the skillet with salt and paprika. Cook chicken until it’s cooked through completely.
- To the same skillet with chicken and sun-dried tomatoes, add 1 cup of half and half and 1/4 teaspoon salt – bring to boil. Add grated Asiago cheese and stir for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese. Reduce the heat from boil to simmer and continue stirring to make sure all cheese melts. At this point, if the sauce is too thick, add another 1/3 cup of half and half and stir. Taste the sauce – if 1/4 teaspoon salt was not enough, add more.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse.
You can find complete recipes of this Asiago Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach in juliasalbum.com